MNM is a home furnishings company with 11 large department stores in The Midlands. Magento Site, SEO works, Enterprise AdWords and Shopping feeds management.
At the beginning of the project, MNM had an essentially unstable platform from an SEO perspective and was spending £30,000 to £40,000 a month on AdWords. All areas of digital needed focus and the team were committed to excellent customer service and had a large existing, profitable business that was ready for digital excellence. There have been several challenges, all of which have been met. Those were not limited to, but included:
- Developing robust E-Commerce Analytics reporting and goal setting.
- Taking charge of the AdWords from one of the directors who had been running it himself.
- Maximising ROAS (return on Ad Spend) from Google AdWords, this was implemented largely manually with regular reporting which was statistical and handwritten in terms of running commentary.
- SEO implementation although it became clear that Ad Words was the most profitable route and was building the customer base really fast so that’s where the investment mainly went.
- This project ran from the start of 2017 to the end of 2019 when the client decided to use a single agency for TV / Radio and Digital.
AdWords Key Data in First Year Alone
- We conducted an audit of this account in mid-2016 and it was clear that it had become increasingly difficult to manage profitably over the past few years. The return on ad spend for 2016 stood at 1.33x at that point.
- The audit revealed numerous areas where improvements could be made and we estimated that we could improve the efficiency of the account by 50-100% within a 12 month period.
- We also highlighted one simple change that could immediately be made to save over £1,000pm in wasted ad spend.
Ad Spend and Revenue Feb – Dec 2017 v Feb – Dec 2016
In our first 11 months of account management, we improved revenue v the same period in 2106 by 101.96% with a 6.35% higher ad spend.