Bupa is an international health insurance and healthcare provider with over 30 million worldwide customers.
In the UK, Bupa is a leading healthcare insurer, with over 2.3 million customers and its dental care and aged care services are growing rapidly.
Reduce patient treatment cost, improve clinical outcomes and drive an enhanced customer experience by providing Bupa patients with direct access to registered clinicians and facilities.
The Process: Patient choice at your fingertips
- Audit and Analysis of healthcare provision
- Reviewed top performing clinicians and outcomes across the most in demand clinical procedures
- Conducted patient surveys to identify and prioritise critical success factors
- Analysed the end to process for the provision of care from patient point of need through treatment, discharge and follow up
- Design and Delivery
- Constructed a detailed database of healthcare providers and facilities encompassing 200+ points of differentiation
- Built a bespoke search algorithm to deliver the best results based upon patient free-text search
- Created a simple web user interface to deliver enriched content based upon user search requirements
- Pilot and Testing
- Deployed v0.1 as a pilot with internal Customer Service teams within 6 weeks
- Iterated the solution through agile development – releasing additional content and features and expanding user base every 2 weeks
- Full deployment
- Full launch to the UK population within 3 months
- Substantial ongoing development continued including search result optimisation, integration with third party infrastructures and full suite reporting produced for healthcare provider partners.
Delivered for 20% of the internal cost estimate and 10x faster, the solution achieved all of it’s objectives by creating patient choice, and therefore competition amongst healthcare providers; those providers that consistently demonstrated the best clinical outcomes, at the best price and with the shortest recovery times were more frequently chosen by Bupa patients.